Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Work is Boring!

I started a new job in January this year with a large construction company. We submitted a tender on the May 14th. This was an amazing experience, working long hours and not being with my family for almost a month. One day I worked from 8am to 2am the following morning. I actually understand why people become workaholics. There were plenty of up and downs and you get to see peoples true personalities when under pressure.

I met a wonderful lady who was temporially on this tender. She was such a inspiration to me, kept me motiviated and made me laugh. At first I thought she was a little mad – then I realized how similar I was to her. She has 2 girls roughly around the same age as me and we are only 10 days apart in age. We loved all things nerdy, i.e. Doctor Who and computers. She has now moved back home – 1000 km away. It’s amazing when you just click with someone. I wished she lived near me. I miss her.

The tender party was the best night out I have had in years. I learnt that Red Bull and Vodka really does give you wings. I even had several men hit on me and now that I’m old and saggy it was quite suprising. Another work college tells me I’m quite the flirt when I party. I don't believe that for a second, I am old and sedated now!

I just reread my last post – my apoligies for such poor English – I recall I had written it after a few wines. All posts will be sober from now on.

Why is work boring you might ask – I HAVE NOTHING TO DO. I think in the last 2 weeks, I have done a total of 10 hours actual work. We won’t know if we get this tender September, so it’s a waiting game. A girl can only Google so much or watch rerun’s of TV shows. I have been getting into other peoples blogs, which reminds me how poorly I write. Maybe I should do an extention English course, or maybe I should have listened at school all those years ago.

I just think I will write mindless dribble on my blog everyday – not that anyone will read it.

Looking back at what I have written today – the amount of times I have written “I” is amazing. I guess Blogs are all about “I”.

No comments:

Post a Comment