Wednesday, August 26, 2009

That's Life Jim, but not as we know it!

Well it’s been one of those weeks. Why are Engineers so grumpy one minute and nice as pie the other? The people I work with can be so hot and cold from second to the other. Someone should teach them patience. Maybe I mother them too much. I’m a nice person; I try to maintain a friendly vibe at work. How do I change the status quo?

Hannah got her first afternoon detention yesterday. Ms Cameron phoned me at work to say she is talking in class and being cheeky. Now that doesn’t sound like my Miss Hannah. Wonder where she gets it from. Hannah phones me in the afternoon in a panic – “MUM, how much trouble am I in”. I think she asked me about 10 times. All I could say is – “Hannah, I talk to about it when I get home”. I had the power for once. She’s grounded for at least a week. Must be hard to be the youngest and see her brother and sister basically do whatever they like.

Speaking of the sister, Em has a boyfriend and is madly chating on MSN every night. Should I check her chat history? It’s a tough call, but my sweet and innocent child is growing up way too quickly. Empowering your kids is a hard thing to do – how far can you go. Emilie had her first major dummy spit last Friday night. Slamming doors, threatened to go and live with her friend. We said go for it, one less mouth to feed. Kids - got to love them

No comments:

Post a Comment