Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This guy took a photo of me at the pool today

Interesting day! On my quest for fitness and slim hope of being fit, for the last 3 years I try to swim during my lunch break at work. It was a beautiful day and after procrastinating for 3 months or so, I decided to take myself off for actual exercise. Gingerly I sneak myself out of the change rooms, towel wrapped over necessary embarrassing parts, I jump in the pool as quickly as possible so no one is to see me in my togs. Warm up lap is 100 metres of kick - then I notice this guy with a very professional looking camera - talking to a very fit middle age guy, then camera guy starts to take photos of him treading water, swimming etc. I think this must be some politician or celebrity having a photo shoot. Avoiding the camera shots wherever possible I carry on my attempt at swimming 20 laps. As I swim back to one end, Camera guy and assistant are smiling at me with very big grins. I ask. I find out they are doing a feature article for the courier mail on people who swim in winter and use the pool during there lunch breaks. Arron - who runs the pool - has dobbed me in. So they convince me to have my photo taken. Panic sets in. I say no initially, then camera guy tells me my mother won't even recognise me. OK I can hack this. I laugh and tell camera guy I am way too old to do this. He tells me I am way younger than him. I don't believe him. Photos are taken of me with kicking with a board and I swam as low as possible in the water. Only a headshots please. I just hope that my mother won't recognize me or anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment